FIT Kids[/mp_heading] [/mp_span]
Generation FIT, in partnership with Munroe Regional Medical Center at LifeTime, Frank Deluca YMCA, and Heart of Florida Health Centers, has implemented a FREE evidence-based program called FITKids.
This is a 12-month childhood health promotion program, designed and implemented by a registered dietitian and exercise physiologist, which addresses multiple aspects of the child’s health and the family’s lifestyle.
Why choose FITKids? It is a clinical based program which will provide your child opportunities for appropriate levels of physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem and body satisfaction. The program focus on changing behaviors through evidence-based practices.
Who is eligible? Children ages 6-14 years who are at risk of becoming or are already overweight or obese.
The goal of FITKids is to decrease the prevalence of chronic disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease) associated with unhealthy eating and lack of physical activity.
To meet these goals, the FITKids team focus on:
- Decrease in children’s consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages
- Increase children’s physical activity levels
- Decrease in screen time & televisions in children’s bedrooms
- Increase children’s sleep duration & quality
- Replacement of nutritionally poor foods with fruits and vegetables
The FIT Kids program includes:
- Personal training sessions
- Family health coaching sessions
- Nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian
- Parent Empowement Classes
- Chef Demos
Contact Kate at (352) 402-5222 for more information
FIT Kids is made possible with funding from Marion County Hospital District